Future Club Events
- Our First Breed Club Open Show will take place on 24th June in St Patrick's Hurling Ground, Ballyragget, Co Kilkenny, alongside Kilkenny All breed Championship Show. We are delighted to have Katherina O'Donnell officiating. We are grateful to Dimitra for their sponsorship. We would also like to thank the Officers and Committee of Kilkenny Canine Club for facilitating this Show. Schedules will be available for download and online entry at www.dogshowentry.ie We also hope to encourage Irish Terrier owners who have never shown their dog to come along. We have two classes, namely Untrimmed and Expression and these classes cost €5 and may be entered in advance or on the day. For further details please contact Fionnuala.
- Book the date - Our 52nd Breed Club Championship Show will take place on 26th May 2018. Our Judge will be John Hartigan.
- Would you like the Club to organise an Irish Terrier Walk or a Trimming Demonstration, if so please contact Fionnuala.
- Your Membership subscription is now due for the year ahead.
- 2017 Championship Show Results and Gallery Page added.
- Our Officers and Committee have been update following the Club AGM.
- April 2017 - Congratulations to Ger and Liam Delaney's Carliam's Red Dawn who qualified for the prestigious Pup of the Year ! He is also qualified for Ireland's Top Irish Show Dog 2016 which will place in May 2017.
- 09 April 2016 - Please see the IKC's Policy on Children attending IKC licensed events
- 31 March 2016 - Remember all dogs, no matter their age, whether they are pedigree dogs, farm dogs, or family pets must be microchipped, by law, in the Republic of Ireland. There are four authorised databases in Ireland, The Irish Kennel Club, Animark, Fido and the Irish Coursing Club. Your dog must be microchipped and registered with one of these databases. http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/animalhealthwelfare/dogmicrochipping/
- News regarding a Rule Change for Irish Breeds.
At the An Árd Chomhairle meeting of Friday 11 September the following rule was amended:
Title of Champion
194. To be awarded the title of Champion a dog must obtain a total of not less than seven Green Stars under seven Judges. A Gundog Show Champion shall not be entitled to become a full Champion unless he has obtained at least a qualifying certificate as provided for in the Field Trials Rules and Regulations.
Title of Champion
194. To be awarded the title of Champion a dog must obtain a total of not less than seven Green Stars under seven Judges. The Irish Native Breeds namely, Irish Wolfhound, Kerry Beagle, Setter Irish, Setter Irish Red and White, Spaniel Irish Water, Irish Terrier, Irish Glen of Immal Terrier, Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Kerry Blue Terrier must obtain at least two Green Stars under Irish kennel Club licensed Judges. A Gundog Show Champion shall not be entitled to become a full Champion unless he has obtained at least a qualifying certificate as provided for in the Field Trials Rules and Regulations.
The amended section of the rule is in bold. This rule will come into effect on 01 January 2016.
- For information regarding the mandatory micro-chipping of all dogs please visit the Minister's statement below
- Please see legislation relating to Tail Docking and the Removal of dew claws below that was brought into force in March 2014.
- All dogs leaving Ireland or arriving into Ireland are required to have a Pet Passport and be rabies vaccinated at least 21 days prior to travel. Please read the information at this link http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/
- For those exporting pups please pay particular attention to the segment of "Rules Of Commercial Movement"
- The All Ireland Irish Terrier Club would like to direct your attention to the Country of Origin, namely Ireland, and the FCI's Breed Standard of an Irish Terrier, in particular the section pertaining to the Colour of the Breed. "COLOUR Should be “whole coloured” being red, red-wheaten or yellow-red. White sometimes on the chest. A small amount of white is frequently to be seen in all self coloured breeds. “ It goes on to say,